The eighth generation of the Rolls-Royce Phantom was unveiled today and unless you are an avid follower of Rolls-Royce cars you may be forgiven for seeing hardly any differences between the new Phantom and its predecessor. The 2018 Phantom though is an all new car built on a platform that is expected to shape next-generations of Rolls-Royce cars.
Key facts about the Phantom VIII
- It is the first Rolls-Royce car to benefit from the newly created “Architecture of Luxury”. As a result the Phantom VIII is 30% lighter and rigid than its predecessor.
- “The most silent motor car in the world”, the Phantom VIII features over 130 kg of sound insulation.
- It features a new Twin Turbo 6.75-litre V12 engine. Previous Phantom came with naturally aspirated V12 engine.
- The Phantom VIII is equipped with a Satellite Aided Transmission system coupled to a ZF 8-speed gearbox.
- It has a top speed of 155 mph (250 km/h) and can accelerate from 0 to 62 mph in 5.3 seconds
- Described as the most technologically advanced Rolls-Royce ever, the Phantom VIII include features like:
- Alertness Assistant
- 4-camera system with panoramic view
- Collision warning system
- Lane change and lane departure systems
- Night vision
- ‘Industry-leading’ 7×3 high resolution head-up display
- Active cruise control
- WiFi hotspot, navigation and entertainment systems.
Rolls-Royce CEO, Torsten Muller-Otrovos described the Phantom VIII as a ‘dominant symbol of wealth and human achievement’.
In fact, dream car? Next car? That depends on your bank balance. The Phantom VIII is expected to cost £350,000 upon release – that’s a whooping N147,000,000.
Check out some stunning pictures of the Phantom VIII in the gallery below and leave us a comment, tell us what you think.